Saturday, July 15, 2017

Strawberry Mouse House



This is my card for the Gerda Steiner Progressive challenge using the Strawberry Mouse.  The card base is an extra one I had laying around from a previous card. I die cut the door and stamped it with a wood grain stamp and sponged it with Tim Holtz distress inks.  I cut the door panel off at the same angle as my wooden floor and scored in the baseboard on the bottom. I stamped the sentiment using my Misti.

 I popped up the card front onto the base using foam tape. I printed and colored my strawberry mouse using Copic Markers.


 I ended up cutting two of the strawberries off so it would look right and the strawberries weren't in the air since I wanted him inside the door.  ( I placed the cut pieces back around the mouse in the photo above so you can see what it would have looked like. )

 I printed out another Strawberry Mouse for the inside and colored only one strawberry. I also added another wood floor for him to sit on.  A smaller mouse was printed and I cut it out using a tag die and matted it with red and trimmed 1/16 inch around it with my Perfect Layers tools. I punched the end of the tag with a 1/4 hole punch and added ribbon.

Stamps:  Gerda Steiner Strawberry Mouse, Jaded Blossom Berrylicious sentiment, Lawn Fawn Woodgrain backdrop, Stampin Up Fruity Phrases (tag sentiment)
Supplies: Misti, My Favorite Things Stitched Traditional Tag Stax, Perfect Layers Tools, Ribbon, 1/4 inch hole punch, Your Next Stamp Front Door die, Freckled Fawn black enamel dew drop sticker for doorknob, Papertrey Ink white and misc red card stock, Copic Markers: C0, 1, 2, 3, 5, B000, G43, 46, R20, 32, 35, 37, 59, 85, E95.
Techinque: Wood Floor using my Checkerboard Floor tutorial, masking for sponging.

Challenge:
Gerda Steiner Progressive Challenge     Strawberry Mouse

Thanks for stopping by, Irene

No comments:

Post a Comment